Full information at the We Robot 2016 web site.
Visit the We Robot 2014 web page for more information.
Videos of We Robot 2012 should be ready and uploaded in about a week. Check back for further information.
Meanwhile, here are some mini-videos shot by the UM Law staff during the conference.
- Michael Froomkin describing the start of We Robot 2012 at University of Miami School of Law
- Samir Chopra, professor of Philosophy at Brooklyn College of the City University of New York
- F. Patrick Hubbard, Professor, University of South Carolina School of Law
- Lisa Shay, Assistant Professor, US Military Academy
- Suneil Thomas on Liquid Robotics
- Program Chair Michael Froomkin on the future of We Robot 2012
ABOUT WE ROBOT
Robotics seems increasingly likely to become a transformative technology. This conference will build on existing scholarship exploring the role of robotics to examine how the increasing sophistication of robots and their widespread deployment everywhere from the home, to hospitals, to public spaces, and even to the battlefield disrupts existing legal regimes or requires rethinking of various policy issues.
If you are on the front lines of robot theory, design, or development, we hope to see you and to enable conversations between the people designing, building, and deploying robots, and the people who design or influence the legal and social structures in which robots will operate.
CONTACT WE ROBOT
Tel. +1 (305) 284-6276
Fax +1 (305) 284-6506
We Robot 2012
c/o A. Michael Froomkin, Program Chair
University of Miami School of Law
PO Box 248087
Coral Gables, FL 33124-8087
We Robot 2012
University of Miami School of Law, Rm G-382
1311 Miller Drive
Coral Gables, FL 33146